Friday, February 1, 2013

Cheap Rodeo: An Embarrassment of Riches


Yep, I count myself lucky, lucky again. Not only am I blessed with amazing, professional friends who are always kind enough to recommend me for creative projects — especially when it comes to directing, in which I am only getting started.

In just a few short years, I've done experimental art shorts, DVD featurettes, a 9-part motivational series, and now I've just wrapped a shoot on my second rock video.

The band is Cheap Rodeo, brand new on the music scene, but imbued with years of talent and carrying with them an amazing amount of gravitas considering their self-titled country CD (due out February 6) is their first.

The launch video, which I landed through MasiMedia Productions, is for the single First Night in Heaven, written by P.J. Soles (yes, horror fans… "that" P.J. Soles!). We're still in post- production, but I can tell you that there will be several visual elements woven together to capture the essence of the hopeful melancholia the song, which is about the death of a best friend.

Here are some stills from the shoot, depicting just one of the elements.

Stay tuned for the announcement of the premiere, and then even more about the second video, Chain Gang.








No comments: